- Newport based schooner sails to Haiti to house relief physicians.
- The 160' private charter boat, based in St. Thomas in the winter, was chartered by a Seattle Foundation building Hospitals around Port of Prince.
- The Arabella can sleep up to 30 guests in her 20 cabins. Serving as a floating hotel for 20 physicians for the nine days mission.
- Arabella, originally Centurion; designed by McLear and Harris, burnt and capsized in 1996 in Florida. A total loss, the 90' yacht was acquired by Don Glassie and Atlantic Stars and Hotels. Over a period of a few years, the boat was cut in half and a middle piece was inserted, to enlarge the vessel to her present size.
- Tanton Yacht Design had a part in the resurrection. ref: TYD#966.
- To read more about Arabella. On Search: 160' Schooner Arabella.
The annoncement of Tanton winning the Westlawn Institute and PassaMaker Magazine design competition is a good start. I was personally gratified, because of the reputation associated with the School and the Magazine itself. I was glad to receive the award in Ft. Lauderdale. The occasion was made in conjunction with the TrawlerFest in January.