Sunday, July 28, 2019
- "Mac", a good man recently passed away. Too young to be dead at 71 years of age.
- Mac, as he preferred to be referred to, was an encyclopedia of knowledge in all directions. From discussing Fifth Elements to boats and everything in between.
- As a yacht Designer, Mac worked for Pedrick Yacht Design, Rodger Martin Design before returning to his native place in England to become chief designer at Camper & Nicholsons.
Returning to the US, Mac worked part-time for a couple of years at Tanton Yacht Design. Always subdued, simple, honest and brilliant. Especially good at details, he helped me to complete all aspects of several notable yacht designs.
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Once in awhile, classic boat plans are sold.
- And what makes people buy older fashion sailboats in the first place?
Nostalgia comes to mind. The liking to old things; be antique furniture, houses or cars. Boats are in a similar situation.
Beauty? Considering the limitless of boat shapes, rig and purpose somethings must tickle the senses.
Such is the case for a series of sailboat designs that have given birth to the Modern Bristol Channel Cutters; MBCC.