Sunday, November 8, 2020

20 Meter Sailboat. Making progress

 

- A few explanations are in order.

- As you know by now, most of my work is about custom boat designs. When I say most, it is about all of them. See an earlier Blog: Custom Yacht Design.

- On this one, we started with the well proven Design TYD#921, designed 28 years ago. As shown on the port lower side of the sheet. The request is to come up with a similar design. With rounded up numbers from 68' down to 66'-9''. It all sounds insignificant but it cannot been down without further modifications, like; the Beam went down, but the waterline width is similar as well as the depth of the canoe body. The exception is the waterline length designed for a much lower displacement. A game in 3 Dimensions as shown on to starboard.

- Now, you may ask, what is about the one above, on top. Well, I took upon myself to design and without cost to the customer to present my current thinking for this project. This is a side object that I can use later, Therefore, not spending anytime at this stage to explain myself.

- Up date. December 17, 2020. Delivering the preliminary sail plan drawing. A yawl of different proportion.  Or could be a schooner, the masts being equal in length. I do not know. Maybe a Ketch?

- Following by the Preliminary Accommodation Plan. I am showing an earlier version. Still working on some changes dictated by the owner.


- Accommodation Revision A.


- Joinery Sections.

- Preliminary Deck Plan.



- Also, making progress on a new 50' cat-Ketch for Finland. Preliminary sketches are published on: Custom Yacht Design.







1 comment:

Tanton Yacht Design is 50 years old!

  Very hard to believe.  - From being 27 years old to now, and to the future. - Making, in my field one of the oldest Design Firm in America...